Thursday, May 26, 2016
So adult life is lonesome. I figured that out last night ao I sent my dad a heart emoji for no reason and he thought id sent it wrongly. Lol no heart for Pearlyn is normally yellow, to Esther red but sometimes I choose green, and to Chris, a strict blue.

school isn't easy. I'm not gna tell my kid he or she has nothing to complain about just because I might prefer primary school to working life. It's got it's own challenges too, and for a 7 to 12year old, it can be tormenting to wonder why your parents put you in a system where your free time is subjected to school approval/public holiday privileges, and to wonder why you have to wake up so freaking early because to a child, the system doesn't exist. It makes zero sense to follow the ritual of going to school when I can easily just...sit at home and watch tv all day. .
But the one thing you can't discount from primary or secondary schooling is the opportunities for you to express your character and to make friends with it. The freedom for expression is unparalleled.

Work is different. The people may be really nice and all but if the spatial layout of the office is sterile,  it's just hard to have fun. For a social person like me that is. Okay to be fair, work at Shigeru Ban office and seeing CPG has shown me that it's not always the case, although I ought to be careful with the Ban example since his brilliant staff aren't allowed to chat during work hours much, to show seriousness in work. But as in intern, I had the best time because all the interns were together in an open studio, free to communicate while Photoshopping or making models with the foam cutter etc. I liked going to work then.  CPG on the other hand, has switched to an open plan since the move, and the VP is an awesome fun expressive guy so I think working there would be less lonesome. The staff somewhat chat too although because of the nature of work and it's need for concentration, the atmosphere is not as brazen as high school. Still, the people there were really awesome too and when I was in CPG they would come over and ask about me whenever they are free. Like lunch time or on the way back from the pantry.

Great thing about work is that it seems (at this point. To me. Who hasn't had a job yet, only internships. But this current internship is at a place I will work at when I graduate, as I've accepted their bond for a tuition sponsorship) work stays in the office. When I go home, I still think a little about work but I don't have to. I think. This is unlike uni, or even high school especially if you do H2 art, where night and day merge into one and every second you're not doing work is a travesty. Weekends spent going to the mall with your family was scarce and when you've already procrastinated homework for so long, having to make a conscious decision and promise to spend yet another 4 hours out walking around with your family just sounds like the wrong choic. even if the procrastination you've made on say, 9gag or even yahoo answers, have already amounted to the gestation of 20 babies. Then again, understand that the procrastination is time taken away from you without needing your permission, whereas saying you'd hang out requires a verbal promise and an acknowledgement of your lazy bug.

Okay so. the point is. work is like this. It was like that when I worked at the cheesecake cafe, and at the starhub admin position, as well as now. Adult life is so very lonesome and the only real connection I have is with my best friend via text. (Even then, I often don't reply in real time. It's like letter-sending speed, where we each write tons but at staggered moments. By moments I may mean days. Yeah sometimes we don't talk for days because we spam each other with so much content that we have to find a good time to settle down and form a reply). Chris is always working too, albeit from home, but because of that he doesn't have a clear distinction between work and life, and he's always working on his...work. we cook and have dinner together though.

But okay maybe I'm just feeling like this because I've not gotten used to the office style life yet. But I never did get used to feeling like I was robbed away from socializing time and the freedom to be expressive previously. Maybe one day I need to set up my own practice so I can set the tone of my workplace with a higher degree of control/influence. Or maybe I need a career switch. Syah is brave enough to do that, but idk if I will. I feel like I've already been invested in too much. It's expected of me.

That said, life isn't too bad. I just watched a video on my Facebook newsfeed yesterday, of a person throwing himself off a tall building. He hit the pavement like a rag doll. Ironically, knowing that there is always this option to leave the system and the race is what unshackles me from the constraints I feel. Before I ever do that, I could be homeless, I could be a homemaker, and I'd still be somewhat ok. Like that primary school child who wonders why he/she has to conform to the school system, he is comforted by the knowledge that if it truly gets too hard, he could just stay home and nobody can make him do otherwise. although nobody would let him, in the end, the action is his to take.

Strangely though, imaging myself as homeless rather than simply under-employed sounds less humiliating.




Drakon

get one from cbox!
Archives
Previous Posts:
Just wanna give a shoutout to God and his son for ... pearl and i are gna go Japan Festival this weekend... omg my misako so prettz! AAA has a new song bu... Came here to talk to myself haha so I hope no one ... This kinder schoko-bon candy is too yummy omg i ... suddenly wanted to find the book that Shigeru Ban ... LOL just went to P2's blog and it's so full of... THANK YOU GOD NOW I CAN HAZ weather data to si... wow victoria is so attractive. help im so bored yesterday i had a craving for to...
Previous Months:
June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 July 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 June 2015 July 2015 September 2015 December 2015 January 2016 February 2016 March 2016 April 2016 May 2016 June 2016 August 2016 September 2016 October 2016 November 2016 December 2016 January 2017 February 2017 March 2017 April 2017 October 2017 November 2017 December 2017 December 2018 April 2019 September 2019 November 2019 June 2022 September 2022 October 2022 November 2023 January 2024

I am an Orchidite
Teo Ee
23rd Feb
6C45 and 4K
Affiliates
3K'08
1A'06.2A'07
6/10'05
Girl Guides
P2 Orchid
P3 Sparrow
P4 Jasmine

Adeline
Annabelle
Amanda
Cassandra
Charmaine
Claire
Crystabelle
Esther Hong
Emily Goh
Fiona
Girl Guides
Heather
Hillary
HuiMin
HuiXiang
HweeChian
Jennifer
Jesslyn
Karen
Kimberley
LiHui
LiYing
Michelle
Pearlyn
PeiShan
Phoebe
Qiya
Ruoting
Sara
Sarah
Shugah
SongJia
Steffi
TzyyShuan
Vivyan
Wannung
WanYing
WeiWei
WenZhong
XiaoWei
YingYing
Zephania
Links
Credits
Layout by: Swsfen Personal Blog Bascodes: ★CRUSHthespeaker Banners from: TheFadingNight Blockquote codes: SleepingToys Colour codes: Cbox.ws